Monday 4 January 2016

DRUGSTORE "NO MAKEUP" MAKEUP LOOK


This makeup look is Drugstore based for any of you that don't want to spend a lot of money on more High-End items -I want to show you that you can create similar looks with a third of the price.

Firstly, I'm going to start off with the L'Oreal True Match Foundation because it is very light and radiant - if you have oily skin i wouldn't recommend this foundation. I did a comparison between the old and new formula HERE. I use the Stippling Brush by Real Techniques and use circle motions to blend it all out evenly.
Next, I use the trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes in a upsidedown triangle. I really like the coverage of this concealer because it is medium to full but it isn't cakey when set with the right powder that it very light. I blend this out using my ring finger but you can also use a smaller brush.
To set all of the foundation and concealer i'm using the Soap&Glory One Heck Of A Blot all over my face. This will keep you matte throughout the day - but i would put it in your bag if you usually get oily.
A new discovery of mine is the Sleek Brow Kit. It has a coloured wax and a powder to fill in your eyebrows. It also comes with little tweezers and two brushes so you don't need any other brushes. I like how precise you can be with this product becuase of the wax. You could also use the powder in this product to go through your crease with a fluffy blending brush to make your eyes stand out and give them more depth. 
Next, im using the Champney's eyelash curler which is my favourite and then apply a few coats of the Maybelline Lash Sensational to the top and lower lashes to open up the eyes. This mascara is a new favourite becausee it voluminizes, lengthens and keeps your lashes curled all day long. I'll be doing a review on this mascara soon!
I'm skipping the bronzer and highlighter because i actually don't have any drugstore ones but what i would use is the Illamasqua Sculpting Powder Duo in Heliopolis and Lumos which is a champagne highlighter and a soft brown bronzer. So instead of that i'm using the. Avon Blush in 'Russet' which i don't think are sold anymore but it's more about the shade of it. It is a light brown-burgundy-rose shade that is perfect for the winter times. You should search the name of it on google because I don't have a swatch photo - sorry!
Lastly, instead of using a lipstick or lipgloss, i thought that a lipbalm would be suitable. I'm using the Eos lipbalm in Coconut Milk to finish of this makeup look.
Next Monday, i'll be going through the High-End version of a natural makeup look too just to have two options for any of you that maybe want to expand your makeup collection with some luxurious products.


2 comments:

  1. Collection concealer is just my favourite it covers everything yet highlights at the same time!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! always my go-to concealer without a doubt..

      Delete