Monday 29 February 2016

EVERYDAY MAKEUP ROUTINE FEB 2016


When i first made my blog, one of my first posts was an everyday makeup routine so i thought that it's finally time to update it since basically all of the products have changed.


First i start my base with the Mac Studio Fix Foundation using the Original Beauty Blender sponge and blending it in. This foundation is a medium to full coverage foundation, it blends easily and it is demi-matte but not flat looking. Then i use my new favourite trusty concealer, the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and can i just say this is the best concealer I've come across so far. Since it's such a light shade, i use this under my eyes and then use whatever is left on the sponge to blend on my chin and a bit on my forehead to highlight. 


Then i use the Real Techniques Setting Brush to apply the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil Loose Powder to set my under eye concealer. This prevents the concealer from creasing and keeps it looking as if the concealer was freshly applied all day. I also find that if i don't use this powder under my eyes, I find that my mascara smudges under my eyes so it also prevents that! Next i use the Mac Studio Fix Powder with the same Real Techniques Setting Brush everywhere else on my face. I love this powder for adding more coverage and it doesn't make your foundation look as textured. I would prefer it if it had more properties that prevent and take away shine.


Then for the contour and highlight, I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. I use the middle shade ('Fawn') from the bronzers to contour my cheekbones and also bring it up to my temples. To do this I use the Real Techniques Contour Brush. I also sometimes use the 'Banana' Powder to highlight more under my eyes and I like this because It's very light so it doesn't build up texture under the eyes. Then I use the shade 'Sand' to highlight on top of my cheeks and dust a little bit on my brow bone too.


I don't do much eye shadow on a daily basis but i use this Mac Paint Pot in 'Painterly' to prevent creasing. I just put this on my eye lid.


I use this Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics Palette to fill in my eyebrows and also define my eyes. I alternate between the shades 'Frisk' or 'Cover' and i only use this lightly through my crease to define my eyes using the Sigma E25 Blending Brush. Then i use the shade 'Primal' to fill in my eyebrows using an angled brush. Then to finish off my brows i use the Benefit Gimme Brow in the shade 'Medium/Deep' to set them in place.


I only do this step if i remember which isn't everyday, I use the Sephora Long Lasting Kohl Liner in '07 Infinite Beige' on my water line to open up my eyes a bit.


And lastly there's mascara. First i curl my lashes using the Champney's Eyelash Curler - which is the best one that I've tried yet (you can see a eyelash curler review HERE). Then I use the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara and apply about two coats on my top lashes and one on my bottom lashes. Then a new re-discovery was using the Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara but only the Lower Lash brush on my lower lashes. I love doing this because it has such a small wand and I find that it really lengthens and blackens my lashes. However, I wish I had bought this in waterproof the first time round because then I have to go over that coat again with the other maybelline waterproof mascara so it doesn't end up under my eyes at the end of the day.

What are your 3 absolute favourite makeup products form your makeup collection?
natalia 
x

Follow

3 comments:

  1. Does the nars concealer cover redness and spots well?!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried anything from Bare Minerals before, but I really want to! I can't decide on whether to get the Nars sheer glow foundation first or the concealer!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete