Monday 4 April 2016

YOUR MAKEUP GUIDE TO SUMMER (Part 1 of 3)



Hello Spring! It's finally time for the warm weather, colourful clothes and lipstick, and of course my guide to Spring/Summer. I'll be doing a guide which consists of three different posts, them being Makeup, Beauty and Hair. As you can tell the first one is all about makeup that prevents meltdown in the hot weather. Keep on reading to see what I think you need to buy for Spring and Summer...

Click one of these to be redirected to another part of this guide:
Part 2 - Beauty (available on 11-04-16)
Part 3 - Hair (available on 18-04-16)


So gurl, I feel your pain when it's hot and your mascara is literally running down your eyes, slowly melting hour after hour. I have you covered! I love the Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara and I know (seriously, I know) that I talk about this mascara as if it's the only one i have - it's basically the only one I swear by. You can read a full review on this mascara if you click here. All I'm saying is, if you curl your lashes and you need the curl to hold all day, and at the same time you don't want your mascara melting in the summer then buy this now!

This product prevents makeup meltdown and it controls oil. Even if you don't have oily skin, you can still use this product during summer since you will usually have more oily skin during summer than other seasons. An alternative to this will be the Original Setting Spray by Urban Decay which will just help hold your makeup in place. I like this product because it helps your makeup stay on for longer than without it, also, it feels really cool and refreshing when you spray it on your face.


When I was gifted my Naked 2 Palette, it came with all 4 primer potion testers. So far i only opened 'Sin' and 'Eden' and I really enjoy using both. Unfortunately 'Sin' has been reformulated to a more sheer finish so it won't be as opaque as the old one, and that shade was in fact my favourite one because you can use it on it's own to create an easy eye look when you didn't even put a lot of effort in. The shade 'Eden' has the same consistency as a concealer and it's got a fair skin tone shade. Firstly, this helps your eyeshadow to stay on longer and look more vibrant. It also prevents your eyelids from creasing, which is a must for summer.


You can probably find better Eyebrow gels that are waterproof but I chose to mention this product in this post because it is only £4.99 and it works very well i.e. it acts as if it's made to be waterproof. So as i said, it isn't waterproof but it has a smudge proof formula that seals the brows in place - it won't come off easily unless you use a makeup wipe or when you take your makeup off. I find that this keeps my brows in place throughout the whole day until i take it off.


I've been really loving this powder recently because it absorbs oil and locks makeup in place. My one is in the shade 'Original' which is just simply translucent and it even claims to protect your skin from UVA/UVB rays since it has a SPF25. I really like this powder because it doesn't build up more texture on your skin after you applied foundation etc.


This product is so far the best one I've come across yet in the sense that stays on you eyes without creasing or smudging all day. My one is in the shade '07 Golden Beige' which is just a golden champagne shade with undertones of pink/purple. It is water resistant which makes it great for hot summer days and even for going in the pool. All you need to do it swipe this on your eyelid and blend it out on the edges to create an effortless but pretty eye look. I struggle sometimes to take it off with only a makeup wipe for waterproof makeup. You might need to invest in the Clinique Take the Day Off Eye Makeup Remover to take this off without hurting or pulling too much on your eyelids - it takes it off completely! This product is offered in 32 different shades and around half of them are vibrant shades like blue, pink and even green so you have a variety if you like to play around with crazy eyeshadow colours. However, they also offer a range of golden and browny shades if you like to have neutral eyeshadows.

Stay tuned next week for my next Beauty Guide!

Natalia x

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment